The Rise of Luxury Coliving: Elevating Shared Living to a New Level - Chikara Houses
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning Chikara Houses get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Coliving is no longer just for students and hippies. The concept of shared living has evolved into a more sophisticated and refined version, with some coliving spaces even being classified as a luxury experience. In fact, many coliving projects in the U.S. are now categorized as "luxury" and located in larger cities like New York, San Francisco, and Chicago.
Luxury coliving spaces offer upscale amenities that go beyond what you would find in a traditional shared living space. These spaces feature high-end furniture, rooftop terraces, fitness centers, and in-house cafes. For example, Treehouse Coliving in Los Angeles boasts a professional-grade production and recording studio for aspiring musicians, as well as an art studio in the laundry room.
Despite the misconception that coliving is an affordable way to live in big cities, many people are willing to pay a premium for a higher quality living experience. In fact, 78% of millennials prefer to spend money on experiences and amenities over physical items. Coliving offers a community experience that is becoming increasingly valuable in a world where freedom, convenience, and flexibility are highly valued.
In addition, many of today's youth have different values than their parents and view homeownership as less of a priority. This shift is changing the future of housing and making coliving more essential in cities around the world.
- What is luxury coliving?
- Luxury coliving offers upscale amenities that go beyond what you would find in a traditional shared living space. These spaces feature high-end furniture, rooftop terraces, fitness centers, and in-house cafes.
- Where are luxury coliving spaces located?
- Luxury coliving spaces are typically located in larger cities like New York, San Francisco, and Chicago.
- Why are people willing to pay more for luxury coliving?
- People are willing to pay more for luxury coliving because it offers a higher quality living experience and valuable community connections.
Discover also about Chikara Houses:
9 Rules Rooms:
- Inspections, temporary guests
- Free Cooking, evasion through cooking
- Free Space/Sharing Philosophy
- Minimalistic Furniture
- No Friends in room
- World Map
- No Chemical against pest
- Be clean With Yourself
- No Shoes Rules Origins
5 Needs Rooms:
#luxurycoliving #communityliving #millennials #futureofhousing #upscaleamenities